Welcome to American Residential Group! Before you apply to lease a home in our portfolio, please review the following qualifications and screening procedures. All persons 18 years of age or older and will be required to complete separate applications. A non-refundable Application Fee of $35.00 per Applicant will be due at the time the application is submitted.
1. Employment | Applicant must have verifiable employment and is required to provide proof of income for the last thirty days (30). If the applicant is self-employed or retired, we accept documents such as signed tax returns, 1099’s, and bank statements that provide evidence of regular income. If employment has yet to begin due to a move or transfer, an accepted offer letter or employment contract should be provided which includes income and employment start date.
2. Previous Residence and/or Rental History | Verifiable residence history for at least 2 years is required. Addresses indicated on the credit report must match residences listed on the rental application. No broken leases, evictions, or eviction filings will be accepted.
Credit History | A credit screening will be completed on all applicants to verify credit worthiness. Credit score should be at least 600; however, this does not guarantee approval. Applicants will collections to a previous landlord or utility company will result in a denial. Bankruptcy history is acceptable if credit has been reestablished and good credit history is reflected for the most recent 12 months. Credit blocks need to be removed before applying. Failure to do so could result in additional application fees.
Applicants may be deemed High-Risk if an excessive number of collections are reported and will be required to pay a High-Risk deposit that is equal to one month’s rent, in addition to any security or pet deposit due.
3. Income | Applicants must have an income that meets or exceeds three (3) times the monthly rent amount.
All income sources including Social Security, child support, spousal support, DSHS income, retirement
income, grants/loans if you are attending college, and housing vouchers, must be verified with check
stubs, monthly statements or award letter. Acceptable documents include:
- Thirty days (30) current employer pay stubs or direct deposit statements.
- Accepted Offer Letter or Employment Contract signed by all parties including the income and
employment start date.
- Current year signed tax return and proof of current business in operation.
- Statements from government payments including disability or social security.
- Court Orders for child or spousal support.
- Statements of income from investments or trust funds.
4. Criminal History | A criminal background check will be conducted for each applicant and occupant age 18 years and older. The applicant may be rejected for any of the following reported criminal related reasons that have occurred:
- All Violent Crimes including misdemeanors.
- Burglary, larceny or theft of property conviction.
- Any terrorist related conviction.
- Any illegal drug related conviction.
- Any prostitution related conviction.
- Any sex crime related conviction.
- Any cruelty to animals related conviction.
- Active status on probation or parole resulting from any of the above.
5. Pets | The maximum number of pets is two (2) per home. Pets will be subject to registration at www.petscreening.com prior to approval of any application. Tenants agree to comply with all community policies and will be required to sign a separate Pet Addendum and pay a pet deposit of $250 for the first pet and $100 for an additional pet as well as pet rent of $25.00 per pet, per month. Aggressive breed dogs (or pets that may have a violent or dangerous disposition) are not permitted, including but not limited to: Pit Bull, Staffordshire Terrier, Doberman, Rottweiler, Chow and/or any similar breed or mixed breed. This does not guarantee the approval of any other breed not listed. Exotic pets are prohibited. All pets and service animals must be screened to ensure applicable regulations are followed. Applicants will be denied for false information submitted. Security deposit and approved applications are required to remove a home from the market. Homes are leased on a ‘first come, first served’ basis with approved application and security deposit. Lease must start within 30 days of security deposit receipt. If an applicant is approved and chooses to cancel their application, the security deposit is non-refundable.
Guarantors will be accepted if an applicant does not satisfy the income or credit score criteria. Guarantors will not be accepted in lieu of background qualifications. The guarantor’s income must be equal to at least four (4) times the monthly rent when applying in lieu of income qualifications. An additional High-Risk deposit may be required with any guarantor situation. The guarantor will be required to pay an application fee and to submit all documentation required to apply.
Identification must be provided at the time of application; any form of U.S. government identification with supporting photo is acceptable. Additional security deposit and prepaid rent will be required if applicants have not established credit.
Any deviation from these guidelines will be at the sole discretion of the property owner.